How to Hide Facebook Profile

How To Hide Facebook Profile - A growing number of individuals are looking to make their Facebook experience even more of a personal one. There is a lot of sound available and also Facebook can obtain quite loud if you have actually not been really descerning about the relationships you have asked for for many years (senior high school close friends, colleagues, Farmville buddies, etc).

If you have actually chosen to start trimming your Facebook partnerships, among the following action feasible steps is to restrict who can include you as a friend in the first place.


I just recently did this because the majority of the close friend demands I get are for expert factors. A lot of these connections fall under 3 containers: visitors of my blog, people I satisfy at conferences, or individuals that hear me talk.

I want to keep my individual Facebook experience pertinent however I likewise wish to keep these professional connections given that individuals were kind adequate to show their rate of interest. The solution that was right for me was to hide my individual account in search and to develop an expert web page for myself where individuals could stay in touch with my social networks composing as well as speaking.

How To Hide Facebook Profile


Undergoing this process, I learnt that concealing your personal Facebook account form Facebook search was not extremely simple. I have gone to the difficulty for you, so below is a simple detailed for how you can hide your Facebook profile:

1. Find Your Personal Privacy Setups
Login in to Facebook.com and also click on "Account" and then "Personal privacy Settings" in the top right



2. Locate Your Connection Settings
Click "View Settings" under "Linking on Facebook".



3. Adjustment Your Search Visibility
This leading setting "Look for you on Facebook" is what will conceal you in search results when other individuals search for you. Establish it to "Buddies Just".

It is importnat to keep in mind that "Your name, profile image, gender as well as networks are visible to every person". So if someone does find your profile they will still see you get on Facebook. Extra settings on this web page will certainly permit you to manage that can message you as well as request to include you as a close friend.

You could leave your profile a little open so good friends of friends can still message you and add you as a good friend.



4. An Expert Web Page Option
Make certain when you name your expert fan web page that you use your real name. Utilize your first and last name or whatever name people will mainly likely look for when trying to find you on Facebook.